Dispatch & Delivery Information
We dispatch orders Monday to Friday, excluding weekends and bank holidays.
Our dispatch times are outlined below for your convenience.
|Availability ||Dispatch Timescales |
|In Stock ||Completed orders placed before 4.00pm (UK time) for in-stock items will be dispatched the same day. |
Completed orders placed after 4.00pm (UK time) for in-stock items will be dispatched the next working day.
|Pre-Order ||Pre-order items (stated when the size is selected) are collected from the manufacturers and dispatched every Monday (dispatch date will be shown on the product page). |
|Buttonholes ||For selected buttonholes, these are handmade once you have ordered and will be completed and dispatched within 1 week. |
|Made-to-Order Items ||For all made-to-order / forward-order designer items, timescales will vary depending on the designer. |
- Millie Grace - completed and dispatched in 2-4 weeks
- Busy B's Bridals - completed and dispatched in 6-8 weeks
- Peridot - completed and dispatched in 1 week (newer styles will be dispatched mid December 2020)
- Emmerling - completed and dispatched December 2020 / January 2021
If you require a made-to-order / forward-order item urgently or before the timescale as quoted above, please contact us prior to ordering so we can enquire with the designer.
Please Note: In stock items purchased with a pre-order will always be put aside for you until all items are in stock and ready for dispatch. If you require a pre-order to be sent separately, please ensure you place a separate order for this.
Click here to view the last recommended Christmas posting dates.
- FREE UK standard delivery on all orders (free 2nd class on orders under £20 / 2nd class recorded for orders over £20 / courier for orders over 2kg).
- UK delivery upgrades also available eg 1st class / special delivery etc
- Delivery upgrades quoted on our website are less than Royal Mail prices and we do not charge you anything for packaging costs.
- Worldwide shipping also available - low cost international delivery methods
- FREE worldwide shipping on all Busy B's Bridals dresses, Millie Grace communion dresses & Peridot dresses.
- Simply add the item(s) to your basket and select your country delivery method to view your total order.
- This does not commit you to any order until you checkout and make payment.
Delivery Options & Timescales
- The following timescales have been taken from the Royal Mail website and are estimated only. Actual delivery time is dependant on your local delivery service.
- All timescales quoted are after the date of dispatch, not after the date of ordering (please refer to our dispatch timescales above).
- Working days are Monday-Friday only.
- If your order consists of a pre-order item as outlined in the description of the item and above, you will still have to allow the normal pre-order timescale before dispatch of your full order via the delivery method selected.
| ||Delivery Service Information ||United Kingdom including NI |
|1st Class Standard ||A standard Royal Mail delivery service. ||1-2 Working Days* |
|2nd Class Standard ||A standard less urgent Royal Mail delivery service. ||2-5 Working Days* |
|1st Class Recorded ||A trackable Royal Mail delivery service that requires a signature upon delivery (tracking number available on request) ||1-2 Working Days* |
|2nd Class Recorded ||A trackable Royal Mail delivery service that requires a signature upon delivery (tracking number available on request) ||2-5 Working Days* |
|Next Day Delivery ||A fast, secure and reliable Royal Mail next day delivery service for order's placed before 4.00pm (excludes delivery on weekends and bank holidays). Delivery date is always confirmed at checkout. ||1 Working Day |
|Saturday Guaranteed ||A fast, secure and reliable Royal Mail Saturday guaranteed delivery service for order's placed after 4.00pm on Thursday until 4.00pm on Friday. Delivery date is always confirmed at checkout. ||1 Day |
|DPD ||A trackable courier service that requires a signature upon delivery (excludes delivery on weekends and bank holidays) - for order's over 2kg in weight only. Receive tracking updates via SMS/email ||2 Working Days* |
|ParcelForce UK ||A trackable courier service that requires a signature upon delivery (excludes delivery on weekends and bank holidays) - for order's over 2kg in weight only ||2-3 Working Days* |
|myHermes ||A trackable courier service that requires a signature upon delivery (excludes delivery on weekends and bank holidays) - for order's over 2kg in weight only. Receive tracking updates via email ||3-4 Working Days* |
* Timescales quoted above are after the date of dispatch, not after the date of ordering (please refer to our dispatch timescales above). We rely on Royal Mail and the couriers to deliver your parcel, which means unfortunately we can't offer a guaranteed delivery date unless you select a guaranteed delivery service. Therefore, these timescales (excluding guaranteed delivery) provided by Royal Mail and the couriers are to be treated as estimated only.
|Delivery Method ||Delivery Service Information ||Europe (EU) including S.Ireland ||Non-EU ||USA & Canada (world zone 1) ||Australia, NZ, Singapore & Far East (world zone 2) |
|International Standard ||A basic airmail delivery service for non-urgent orders ||5-7 Working Days* ||7-10 Working Days* ||7-10 Working Days* ||7-10 Working Days* |
|International Signed ||A secure delivery service that requires a signature upon delivery ||4-6 Working Days* ||6-8 Working Days* ||6-8 Working Days* ||6-8 Working Days* |
|International Tracked & Signed ||A secure delivery service, complete with tracking that requires a signature upon delivery ||4-6 Working Days* ||6-8 Working Days* ||6-8 Working Days* ||6-8 Working Days* |
|International Tracked - Priority Handling ||A fast, secure and reliable service with priority handling, complete with tracking ||4 Working Days* ||5-7 Working Days* ||5-7 Working Days* ||6 Working Days* |
|MyHermes International ||A fully tracked international courier service that requires a signature upon delivery ||4-8 Working Days* ||N/A ||N/A ||N/A |
|ParcelForce - Global Priority ||A fully trackable worldwide priority courier service ||3-5 Working Days* ||5-8 Working Days* ||4-5 Working Days* ||5-10 Working Days* |
|ParcelForce - Global Express ||A fully trackable worldwide express courier service ||1-2 Working Days* ||3-6 Working Days* ||1-2 Working Days* ||3-4 Working Days* |
* Timescales quoted above are after the date of dispatch, not after the date of ordering (please refer to our dispatch timescales above). Timescales quoted above are of a delivery aim and not a guaranteed delivery service so should be treated as estimated only (for non-EU countries, please allow additional time for customs handling if any, see below).
Your postman / courier will leave a while you were out / calling card through your door if you are not in at the time of delivery, confirming if your item has been left in a safe place or returned back to your local delivery office. Order's sent tracked / signed for' can only be delivered at the delivery address so will not be left in a safe place / with a neighbour. Please note that if a parcel is not collected within the timescale the postal service have quoted on the while you were out / calling card, the parcel will be returned to us which will incur more postage costs made payable by you to enable us to send the item to you again.
If your order has been dispatched and you have not received your order after the timescale above, please contact your local delivery office for your area as the postman / courier may not of left a card through your door which we have found is in most cases and so your order maybe awaiting redelivery / collection. If it is not there, please then contact us to explain that you have not received your order. You will need to provide us with your order number so we are able to locate your order details on our database. If you selected a trackable delivery service, we will track your order on your postal service website for you and email you with an update. Therefore, it is always recommended that the delivery option you select is trackable to enable us to track the location of your parcel in the event of a delay. A UK parcel is only classed as lost 15 working days after the date of dispatch, 30 days for EU and 35 days for the rest of the world.
Customs (Non-EU Rest of the World)
Most order's we send to non-EU countries do not encounter any customs issues. However, on very rare occasions, order's sent to a non-EU country may be subject to customs processing. All parcels we send to non-EU countries will have a customs label attached to the front of the parcel outlining the contents. We at Children's Special Occasion Wear will not be held responsible for any delays or charges encountered by your country's customs if this is applicable (the timescale held at customs does not include the delivery timescale stated above). For further details, please contact your country's customs office.